The Sagamore Highlands Association is a group of neighbors in the Sagamore Highlands neighborhood of Bourne, Massachusetts. Our mission is to work to and improve the quality of life for all the residents of the area.
Over the years the Sagamore Highlands Association has worked on many projects and issues to improve the neighborhood. One mission is to provide public beach access for all who would like to enjoy the beauty of the cliffs and miles of ocean along beautiful Cape Cod Bay. Our association has worked to fix and re-build the necessary stairs and pathway that allow access down the steep cliff to Cape Cod Bay. We have worked closely with our town and provided financial donations from our members to rebuild the beach stairs. In the summer of 2009 we installed new railings to allow for better access!
Some of the other activities that we do on an ongoing basis are:
- CHILI AND BEER NIGHT at Marcia Rothwell’s home NOV 11–Chili to taste as well as beer and perhaps some homemade apple cider
- Annual Beach Clean-ups twice each year
- Fourth of July Block Party
- Winter Festival = December 10th Seasonal Music and treats at Marcia Rothwell’s home
- Fools on the Move – Progressive dinners
- Maintenance to Stairs including installation of stairs and railings-PATH TO BEACH CLOSED TEMPORARILY ..WE HAVE A BLUEPRINT OF THE PROPOSED REPAIR AND REBUILDING OF THE STAIRS.
- Annual Sagamore Highland Association Clambake
- Beach Fun Days
- Celebration of Full Moon in Summer
All residents of Sagamore Highlands are encouraged to join the association Join now or renew for 2018 before Thanksgiving. See link and print form